1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Ads at Top

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by BlackWebs, Aug 27, 2013.

1. BlackWebs New Member

Hi all,

Not sure if something has happened to this forum, but I'm sure I posted my question a while ago and had some responses.... anyway, my question was:

How to make the Featured Ads stay at the top.

I think the response was to change the admin sort order, but this is only for search results - whereas I wanted it for categories. Is this possible?

Here's an example: http://www.supercartrader.com/categories/ferrari-ff-for-sale/page/1.html

Thanks
    Tom
  2. freeze2 Super Moderator

Hi Tom, yes there was a little problem with a few posts being lost when the forums were migrated over to a new server.

As far as having featured ads stay on top in the categories, I believe (from memory) that this will only happen in the search results at the present time.
  3. BlackWebs New Member

Thanks Freeze, no worries...

I just find it odd that the Featured are always at the bottom - surely there must be something telling it to do this in some file that can be reversed?

Thanks
    Tom
  4. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Tom,

Yes, you did post your question and there were some replies including mine. Unfortunately, as Freeze2 mentioned there were some posts that were lost in the migration to my new servers.

The answer that I posted and I thought you implemented, because when I checked your site again, it was working correctly.

In the admin, select "Featured" as the sort field and select "DESC" as the sort order. I believe that you had "ASC". The reason is that when a listing is featured, it is stored as "Y" in the database. If not, it is stored as "N" or "" (blank) in older versions. Both a blank and "N" come before "Y" alphabetically.
  5. BlackWebs New Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks - this seems to have sorted itself out now, must have been a cache issue.

Thanks
    Tom