1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

68 classified and oscommerce bridge

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by soeb, Feb 29, 2012.

1. soeb New Member

Can any one knows how to make bridge between 68 classifeds and oscommerce. One can login in 68 classified, no need to relogin in oscommerce ?

Any help would be appreciates.
  2. Blair Moderator

Hi Soeb! And welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry but there are no OSCommerce user bridges available for 68 Classifieds.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to create a common login for the two groups. I suspect it would be quite tedious to modify either of the scripts to recognize the other scripts sessions.

Thanks. And again, welcome to the forums.
  3. soeb New Member

Hi Blair,

Can you give some idea how it would be possible ?

soeb
  4. Blair Moderator

You would have to comb through both scripts and understand how each script recognizes its users. Then, you would have to modify one (or likely both) scripts so that both recognize the users logged in. It would be an incredibly tedious process.

Another scenario would be that you write the users information to both databases so that they don't have to register twice. They would still have to log in within each script though.
  5. soeb New Member

Hi Blair

Thanks for your suggestions.
    I would forgot to mention that both applications are in same domain like www.68classfieds/oscommerce.
    any further suggestions?

Soeb
  6. Blair Moderator

Sorry, no other suggestions. I assumed they were within the same domain.

Now if they share a database, you could use common db connections.

That's about all I can think of to share.