1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Step 1 and 5 checkout process

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by pincushion, Jun 2, 2013.

1. pincushion New Member

Version: 4.2.4
    Theme: Deapsea

Just looking to see if there is a way to make step 1 have multiple drop downs for,
    1 Category
    2 Sub category
    3 Then click continue

My code reading skills is minimal and can change some things but this has made me
    pull my hair out... There was a post over 3 years ago about this but nothing had come
    of it, maybe someone can point me in the right direction :)

Also is there a way to remove part of step 5 (picture should explain which part I want to go)
    Or where would I go to edit the text "billing address same as customer info"

Cheers

step5.png
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

There is nothing built in that would do this.

One developer made a module for this, but it isn't a drop down as you were specifically looking for.

In order to accomplish this the way that you want to do it would require, AJAX. I know there are plenty of jquery plugins that offer this functionality that you could use, but you would then have to code custom php files to do the DB queries to pull the categories via AJAX for each "onselect" change in the javascript.
  3. pincushion New Member

Cheers for your response

At my level its safe to say maybe I should get the plugin/Module :)
    Module looks promising. Does anyone have this module active?
    If so could I have a link to your website so I could preview it?

Cheers
  4. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

You probably want to check with the developer to check for compatibility, because it hasn't been updated in quite a while and shows compatibility with 4.1.x and we're @ 4.2.x although I can't think of any reason that it wouldn't work off the top of my head.