1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Registration $extra in search results

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by jason1971, Jan 18, 2014.

1. jason1971 Customer

Hi all,

I have set up the $extra in the registration for business names, and I am wondering whether there is any way to have the name show up in the search results page.

EG: We have 21 adverts listed for company name

I have found this thread that Mike got sorted

{if $smarty.get.username}
    <div class="username_title">
    Listings for {$smarty.get.username}
    </div>
    {/if}

and used this code to call it adding $extra for the company name

<a href="owner={$owner}&username={$username}&extra={$extra}">{$smarty.const.LANG_MORE_ADS_SELLER}</a> - This shows the company name as it should

then added this code in showlistings.tpl

{if $smarty.get.extra}
    We have 21 adverts listed for {$smarty.get.extra}
    {/if}

However, it does not bring up the company name, just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on achieving this at all ?
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

You may be taking things out of context. I don't know where you got that snippet of code from.

You should use the Smarty {debug}, as I've mentioned before to find out what variables are available on any given template.

The showlistings template is used to show search results which can be from several different owners/categories/etc.. The data (information) that is shown and available are specific to showing an overview of the individual listings as opposed to the owner/category/etc..

I may be a little confused in what you are trying to do and/or where you are linking from, etc.. Where (what template file) are you placing the first code that you posted? Then where is this link code? The same template file?

In any case, I believe you need to start with what variables are available for that template file using the smarty debug!