1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with installation

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by Chelle, May 28, 2014.

1. Chelle New Member

This is what I got after set up in a browser and after adding the user name and everything else except the prefix class_ (as dont understand this one?) and then got this after I clicked next "Verifying Database Connection:

Database Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)"

What is wrong?
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Sounds like you need to check with your web hosting provider to get the correct path to the MySQL server. Although most services simply use "localhost", it doesn't appear that yours doesn't.
  3. Chelle New Member

Yes and that got sorted. Now another problem! After installation, it said successful and then asked me to click on a link to go to the file manager to delete the set up files, so when I clicked on the link I got an error message! And I spoke to my web hosting support. Not happy at all! They have just discovered there is a problem with the script in the software!!!!! My webhosting support says they cant find the script problem but says there is a bug. I spent all that money for this!!??? Not happy sorry!
  4. freeze2 Super Moderator

Hello Chelle, there is definitely no problems with the script...I've installed many times. Sound like you are trying to access the setup files through some kind of web admin panel. Your best bet is to used a proper FTP program. It sounds like maybe a better Web Host is in order as well.
  5. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Sorry that you are having issues, Chelle, but in all seriousness there is no bug in the software script and web hosting service reps are certainly NOT experts of our software. This software has been installed and runs on web hosting services worldwide. It is also very common for hosting support reps to blame issues on the customer's software to get rid of them.
  6. Chelle New Member

Ahh ohh! Yes that ll make sense. Im with ipage, what hosting company would be better? I wont go with godaddy as i read they have issues with the software. I did get the distinct feeling after checking things on software that it wasnt the software but ipage or the ftp program. I was using flashFTP paid version. Could it be possible some files didnt transfer? As i recall some came up with "cant be listed" but in green text which I assumed was normal considering the colour of the text and no error message on ftp so hmmm maybe I just need to transfer again? And no i was doing the installation through the web browser as instructed in the installation instructions document. I reckon if the hosting company is trying to get rid of the software, that is very unprofessional of them! They should be glad Im paying for hosting, wow some hosting companies need to grow up. I had huge problems with web.com and we transferred to ipage as I have another basic website with them for personal use but this one is for my partners classified business so i hope ipage havent done some damage or they ll be sorry to lose me as a customer ;-) anyway can u shed some light on above of what Ive just mentioned?
  7. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

I recommend Hostgator.

It is actually common to have file corruption when doing file transfers.
  8. Chelle New Member

Aha, ok should I re-upload via the ftp again but in a few files each rather than the whole lot at once?
  9. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

That's really up to you how you want to do it.
  10. Chelle New Member

Ok how do I know if all files are not corrupted when re-transferred again?
  11. Chelle New Member

Hi again, I went through the whole transfer cross checking from both my computer and the server on my ftp, and seems all were transferred no problems but there seems to be a duplicate or some mistake I or the webhosting made. Here is the screen shot... can some light be shed on this? I know when I set up the database, I followed the instructions, but maybe I didnt understand something?
    [IMG]
  12. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

The extra file, "classifieds.php" is the file that is created when you went through the installation process. It is supposed to be there and is necessary!
  13. Chelle New Member

Sorry for my frustration but I was all set to get it going and now run into a problem that is out of my control because another party won't do the right thing for me. Sorry. Also thank you for the help, I appreciate that. I just want it to be all smooth so I can get it going for my partner and make partner happy :)
  14. Chelle New Member

Update: Good news, it all worked out after I contacted ipage and they said there was something turned off at their end in my account so they fixed it up and so the installation worked, so now its up to me to customize :) I'm learning a lot along the way, 68 Classifieds rocks!