1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intergrate google map on search results page

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by jason1971, Apr 6, 2014.

1. jason1971 Customer

Hi guys,

I'm not wishing to fry your brains or anything, but is it possible to insert a Google map at the top of the search results page, with markers showing the locations of each of the listings in the search results with possibly a link to their listing on the site ? The markers would come from a postcode using an extra field. like this one (if you search in cornwall) www.ukholidayhomerentals.com

Although it sounds extremely difficult to do :confused:

Cheers Jason.
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Of course it is possible, just about anything is. ;) However, it is also as you stated, "extremely difficult" as well. I attempted to create a module to do exactly this a number of years ago and after a couple dozen hours, gave up. It can not be based on just the zip code as zip codes span a great distance AND what zip code? The one for the owner??? That doesn't work, because real estate property for sale/lease isn't necessarily at the same address as the seller (realtor).

Although my skills have certainly come a long way since I tried creating that module, it is still something that would take quite a bit of time and effort.
  3. jason1971 Customer

:) Sort of though that would be the answer Mike, I knew it would be a pain in the rear to do. But I just thought I would ask anyways.