1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inserting a link

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by Katie Kennedy, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Katie Kennedy New Member

So I'm not at all knowledgeable about web site design. I want to insert a link on the image upload page that will direct my customers to a online image resizer. I have v4.2.4 Developer - what would be the easiest way to do this? I can't figure out which file I should edit!
  2. freeze2 Super Moderator

In the following file:

checkout/step4.tpl

Add something like:

Code:
    <div class="hint">
        <p>Including pictures will give you the best results. Maximum upload size is 2,000 kb. If you need
        to resize your images, you can use the free <a href="http://www.photosize.com/" target="_blank">Image Resizing</a> online tool.</p>
    </div>
    Hope this works :)
  3. Katie Kennedy New Member

thank you for your help! Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me find step4. I found step3, step3submit, and step5, but no step4! I tried adding it to step3....seemed like the right file. But nothing changed on my site. *sigh* Wishing I knew what I was doing :)
  4. freeze2 Super Moderator

Sounds like you're looking in the wrong folder. Go to your templates folder, then your theme folder (default) and then find the checkout folder...in there you will find step4.tpl. The template files are the ones you should be modifying, not the .php files.

Hope that helps.
  5. Katie Kennedy New Member

Got it!! Thank you so much :)
  6. crashinabag Member

That's a pretty good idea. I think I might use that on my sites as well.
    Thanks!