1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google adsense and {literal} tags not working

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by NancyLucas, Sep 13, 2013.

1. NancyLucas Member

Hi - I am trying to post ads on our site and the {literal} tags don't seem to work.

I posted:

{literal}<script type="text/javascript"><!--
    google_ad_client = "ca-pub-5043277386723313";
    /* blank ad */
    google_ad_slot = "5991677588";
    google_ad_width = 180;
    google_ad_height = 150;
    //-->
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
    </script>{/literal}

and you can see the result at http://www.arabhorsemarket.com/page/features.html in the left column. [removed] seems to be removing the javascript somehow.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

It appears that you're adding this within the page editor in the administration. You need to check the set your, "No Page Content Filter", in the administration user account. (This feature was added in v4.2.3) I don't know what version of the software script that you are using. If you are using an earlier version, I would of course highly recommend updating to the latest version.
  3. NancyLucas Member

Hi - so sorry so late getting back to this topic. Massive illness for 6 months.

I am running v4.2.4 Developer and went to USERS > USER GROUPS > ADMINISTRATIVE but didn't see an option for "no page content filter"… Am I looking in the wrong place?
  4. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

5. NancyLucas Member

Hi Mike - I read and re-read the online doc link you sent. I don't have the "Edit User" link. This is what I see. And then if I want to edit or manage all I see is "account info", personal and payment info…..
    Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 9.20.10 AM.png
  6. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Nancy,
    1. Login to your administration
    2. Select "Users" in the main menu bar
    3. Select "Manage Users" in the sub menu bar
    4. Click on the name of the user that you would like to edit
    5. If the user is in the administration user group than you will have an additional set of privileges
    6. Make appropriate changes
    7. Save the changes
  7. NancyLucas Member

Darn! I accidentally kicked myself out as a an admin. I created an admin and the Privileges box popped up so I checked the box then it said something like "lang-en-already checked" or something and vanished. We have 2 other admins so I'm trying to contact them for a password to login as them to reinstate myself as an admin. Is there another way to reinstate myself as admin? Thanks,
  8. NancyLucas Member

Hi - I was able to contact another admin so we are back in business. I think it will work out now. Thanks for your patience.
  9. freeze2 Super Moderator

Good to hear :)