1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formatting Print Page

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by galveston, Feb 4, 2012.

1. galveston Customer

I have modified my printer.TPL page to look like a flyer so our Real Estate listings can be printed from the website for their flyer boxes but I have an issue I cannot resolve.

When you call the page up to print on the top it displays the page title name and referring URL and on the bottom, the page number and date/time. I would also like the print button to be hidden.
    Any suggestions?
    I've attached a screen shot.[IMG]
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

To prevent the button itself from printing add this to the page style declarations:
    @media print {
    .noPrint {
    display:none;
    }
    }

Then add the class to the button element class="noPrint"

As far as the header and footer being printed has nothing to do with your html. That has to do with the settings that you have in your printing properties/preferences for your WEB BROWSER. What is being printed is usually the default for most web browsers, but you can turn it off.
  3. TheTechGuru Customer

I think this can be done with activeX, as you can use it to turn off certain browser functions, but its different for every application. A google search of "stop url from showing when printing web page"

But like Mike-N-Tosh said, it might just be purely based on the browser.