1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embed google map code on a seperate page

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by jason1971, Dec 10, 2013.

1. jason1971 Customer

Hi there,

Is there a way to embed the code from google maps on to a page created from the page editor ?

I have tried used the demo site, but all it seem to show is the actual code as it is set in an iframe I tried added {literal} around it but still no joy

any thoughts on whether this may be done ?

Many thanks indeed

Jason
  2. freeze2 Super Moderator

I did some looking through the docs and then compared to my admin and it seems that there was previously an option to enable an HTML editor. It appears that no longer exists in the newer versions. I could be wrong, but have not seen an option to enable an HTML editor anywhere else within the admin or allow HTML in the page editor...so you may not have the option to ad the code as you have described.

Of course there is always the options of creating your own static pages (using your site template) and then just linking the pages to your menu. Doing this would actually allow you much more flexibility to the content you want on your page.
  3. jason1971 Customer

Hi Freeze,

How would I go about creating a static page ? (dummy version of explanation required please :confused: )

Thanks

Jason
  4. freeze2 Super Moderator

Hi Jason, to create a page, you would need to take the HTML code from your layout.tpl file and use that as your page template. Obviously, any Smarty code would need to be removed or replaced with the appropriate HTML. I would then create a new folder in your 68C root folder called "page" and use that folder for any custom pages. Once your page is created, you can then link to it from your site.

If this is past what you are comfortable with...you may need to hire someone to help out.