1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check box issue

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by jason1971, May 7, 2014.

1. jason1971 Customer

Hi all,

I am using the extra fields (set up to use check boxes) with several options to choose from

Golf course
    tennis court
    fishing lake etc..

Now I have a search form created and I am trying to include the check boxes within the search form but they do not appear to be working correctly.

I have it setup as:-

Bowling: <input type="checkbox" name="opt47" value="Bowling">

I have setup a test listing in which I have ticked the 'Bowling' checkbox option, yet it is not showing up in the search results.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Cheers Jason
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Do you have it (the extra field) set to searchable?
  3. jason1971 Customer

Yes Mike. and it works fine in advanced search. Just not in the search form I have created, and I know my search form is setup correctly because I have used it elsewhere on the site but not calling this particular extra field.
  4. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

I think this field is different than the others that you already setup, because those are simply boolean fields (Yes/No, Checked/unchecked). This field you have options (similar to a drop down, except with a checkbox, you can select more than one for the ONE field). This makes it an array in the Database.

I would suggest that you look in the advanced search page code and I believe you will see that the checkbox field set will actually be named "opt27[]" to signify (in php) that it's an array, even if there is only one value in the array in this particular case. That is "opt27" and then a "[" & "]".