1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change registration $extra2 to textarea box if poss

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by jason1971, May 30, 2014.

1. jason1971 Customer

Hi all,

I assume it's possible any thing is with this :D, but I am using the registration $extra2 field, how would I go about changing it in useraccountmodify.tpl from single text line to a textarea box (As I want to use it for my advertisers profile)

I currently looks like this:-
    {if $dis_extra2=="Y"}
    <p class="{cycle values="row1,row2" advance=true}">
    <label for="extra">{if $req_extra2=="Y"}<span class='required'>{$smarty.const.LANG_STAR}</span>{/if}{$extra2_text}{$smarty.const.LANG_COLON}</label>
    <input {if $req_extra2=="Y"}class="required"{/if} name="extra2" id="extra2" type="text" value="{$extra2}" size="{$smarty.const.FIELD_SIZE}" />
    </p>
    {/if}
    and I need to change it to <textarea> </textarea>

But i'm not quite sure how to go about it.

Many Thanks Jason
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Just swap out the HTML elements.
  3. jason1971 Customer

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the input works a treat.

Although I am now having two issues I'm hoping you can help with.

1. When my users add text in paragraphs it comes out as one big sentence. how do I go about setting it to automatically leave white space between paragraphs when users hit their return buttons twice. Without my users having to use coding like <p> <br> etc..

2. If my users add a lot of text it only shows up so much of it (like truncating it), how do I increase the number of words / text allowed ?

Hope my usual rambling make sense, look forward to hearing back from you.

Jason
  4. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Jason,

Sorry, however you won't be able to correct either of those issues unless you modify both the php files as well as the database itself. You're using a field that wasn't made to be used in that fashion whatsoever in a completely different way.