1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seller store modification

Discussion in 'Modules / Plugins / Modifications' started by jason1971, Apr 15, 2016.

1. jason1971 Customer

Hi all,

What I'm looking to achieve is to receive an email notification when somebody either starts using their seller store (IE adds information and /or photo) or amends a photo or text in their seller store.

I know it's the admin.php file (/modules/seller_store/admin.php) which needs amending. I don't necessarily need to receive the new or amended information, as long as it just provides me with at least an ID number to check.

The reason for needing this is because I have more and more users now making use of their seller store, and I want to be able to keep track of new and changing content so that I am able to check it, but without having to go through every single seller store on a weekly basis.

I'm fairly confident it's possible to achieve and I have looked at it, but I could do with a few pointers before I go charging in.

Cheers Jason.
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

FYI: This module isn't offered by 68 Classifieds and was offered by an individual which hasn't been updated in years.

With that said, any information or advice given would be as a "best guess".

I believe that you actually want to modify the index.php file, not the admin.php (That's for... Well, the administration of the module as in the administration of the site.).

You would need to load the mailer class after the other classes at the top of the file. If it were me, I would create a function like "function mailAdmin($userid)" at the end of the file. In that function create all of the variables needed to send the mail (Look at the contact.php or contactus.php for what you need). Then in each "if or elseif" statement that either creates or modifies a seller store, add the call to the function as the last thing to do. (e.g. mailAdmin($userid); ). This way, you only need to create the function once and just call it instead of having to write it into each if statement.
  3. jason1971 Customer

Cheers Mike,

I know it's an old mod but it does still work, any that's for the advice I will have a look at it over the weekend.

Jason.
  4. jason1971 Customer

Hi Mike,

Just a quickie to say it worked like a charm, thanks very much once again for your valued help.

Jason
    Mike-N-Tosh likes this.
  5. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Glad to hear it, Jason and you're welcome.