1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paypal ipn issue

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by ozgunsales, Dec 7, 2015.

1. ozgunsales Member

Ok whats even weirder about this is, I used a wrong email address by mistake for payment to Paypal (typed it wrong) when i got this completed pending approval. The payment was done but not to an account (on hold as such in paypal) but it made the site recognise the transaction at least. Changing it back to a confirmed paypal email address Im getting the same as before. This makes me think very much its got to be the way paypal are sending the information of a completed transaction thats changed.
  2. ozgunsales Member

One thing i have noticed is that item number isn't being filled or returned from paypal. Could this be the issue maybe?

// assign posted variables to local variables
    $item_name = $_POST['item_name'];
    $item_number = $_POST['item_number'];
    $payment_status = $_POST['payment_status'];
    $payment_amount = $_POST['mc_gross'];
    $payment_currency = $_POST['mc_currency'];
    $txn_id = $_POST['txn_id'];
    $receiver_email = $_POST['receiver_email'];
    $payer_email = $_POST['payer_email'];
    $ordID = trim(@$_POST['custom']);
    $mc_gross = @$_POST['mc_gross'];
  3. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Not at all. the $item_number is not required by Paypal. Processing itself is based off of the $ordID variable ('custom') to and from Paypal. I'm curious where the code that you posted is from, because the order and code itself is different than the current sr.php file that is included in the latest version of 68 Classifieds v4.2.5 paypal/sr.php file.
  4. ozgunsales Member

paypal.php file
  5. ozgunsales Member

Ok and just like that .. it works again. So must have been Paypal all along who changed something.
  6. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Glad that you got it sorted.
  7. ozgunsales Member

still happens from time to time .. which really bugs me. Any one else have this issue?