1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spanish classifieds sites / xml feed import

Discussion in 'Pre Sales Questions' started by djfunk, Dec 3, 2013.

1. djfunk New Member

Hello, we have been looking to replace our online classifieds sites which are currently in Spanish and have a few questions:

1. Is Spanish language classifieds supported?
    2. For paid ads, can we setup 7- , 14- or 30-day options?
    3. Can we do an automatic daily XML feed import of ads coming from our classified advertising system via FTP or another mechanism?
    4. How many different type of upsells can I include besides bold, highlight and featured? And can I set different prices for each? i.e. bold - $5.00 on site #1 but bold - $2.50 on site #2?
    5. Can we add our own header/footer?

I might have more questions but these are the main ones.

Thanks.
  2. freeze2 Super Moderator

Hello djfunk, I'll answer best I can:

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Not that I'm aware of, maybe with some custom coding
    4. You can create all kinds of different ad packages and price them each individually
    5. You can easily change the look and layout of your site. 68C is built on the Smarty template system which allows full control over layout.

A great choice in a classifieds script...all the best!
  3. djfunk New Member

Thanks freeze2.

A few more questions came to mind.

1. Can I setup 68C to support ads for General Classifieds, Jobs, Real Estate and Automotive?
    2. If I plan to have 6 instances of 68C, would I need 6 separate developer purchases or can I purchase one and install on 6 domains?
    3. Does 68C have a mobile-ready version or is responsive web design off the shelf? Or is there a plugin or other customization need to make it responsive?
    4. I presume paid self-service orders that come through 68C would need to be reviewed and then approved or rejected by an admin?
    5. For Spanish localization, is there a mod for this or language-pack to be installed?

Also, regarding my question about upsells, I see that in the admin area under manage products / packages it has "Allow bold - if checked how much extra is it". Can I add more of these upsell options besides the bold, highlight and featured? For example, one could be "Allow ALL CAPS" and then attach a upsell price to it. Hope that is clear!

Thanks again.
  4. freeze2 Super Moderator

1. 68C can easily accommodate multiple categories and sub-categories.
    2. Each purchase/license is good for one domain as well as installation on sub-domains. For multiple domains, you would need to purchase individually.
    3. A responsive theme is in the works for an upcoming release.
    4. Not sure exactly what you are asking here...maybe give some more details.
    5. The stock installation comes with a Spanish language file that only needs to be activated through the admin.

For the up-sells, pricing is configured through the admin. Only the the three up-sells are currently offered, so without custom coding, you would need to stick to these particular options.

Hope this helps :)
  5. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

4. Is an admin setting as to whether you want to manually approve listings or not.
  6. Dawn Brown New Member

1. Yes. You can accommodate multiple categories and sub-categories.
    2. Yes. For many domains, you would need to purchase individually.
    3. Required some custom coding
    4. You can easily create all kinds of different ad packages.
    5. You can easily customized the site.
  7. Sourabh Saini New Member

Spanish classifieds sites this qustion new i will serch about it thankyou