1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strict standards: non-static method library::loaddb() should not be called statically

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by bowers01, Dec 5, 2013.

1. bowers01 Genius At Work

Hi,
    Im getting the following error on my sites all of a sudden.
    Any suggestions why this might have happened?
    Cheers,

Nick

Strict Standards: Non-static method Library::loadDb() should not be called statically in /home/truckand/public_html/includes/init.php on line 72

Strict Standards: Non-static method Library::instantiate_class() should not be called statically in /home/truckand/public_html/includes/classes/kernel/Library.php on line 150

Strict Standards: Non-static method Library::loadLibrary() should not be called statically in /home/truckand/public_html/includes/init.php on line 73

Strict Standards: Non-static method Library::requireLibrary() should not be called statically in /home/truckand/public_html/includes/classes/kernel/Library.php on line 37

Strict Standards: Non-static method Library::instantiate_class() should not be called statically in /home/truckand/public_html/includes/classes/kernel/Library.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Non-static method Library::loadLibrary() should not be called statically
  2. bowers01 Genius At Work

my web host has changed a few things for me and now only getting the one error
    Fatal error: Smarty error: [in logo.tpl line 8]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:auto; (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 455) in/home/truckand/public_html/includes/classes/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1092
  3. freeze2 Super Moderator

It looks like you've got a custom file "logo.tpl" ... are you able to post the code of line 8 here ... that seems to be where the problem is.
  4. bowers01 Genius At Work

Hi,
    Sorry for the late reply. It now has changed to this error
    Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/truckand/public_html/includes/classes/kernel/Format.php on line 99
    I have not changed anything since i last posted.
    Is it because its a new version on PHP?
    Cheers
  5. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Hi Nick,

Yes, that error would certainly be because of an upgraded php version. ereg_replace() is deprecated in php v5.3 as well as many, many other things. If you're using 68 v4.1.10 with php v5.3 or later I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't have several additional errors. For this specific error, it is recommended to use preg_replace() instead.

Bear in mind that "deprecated", "notice" and "warnings" are just that and won't cause the script not to function.

Of course, I would recommend that you upgrade your version of 68 Classifieds. v4.1.10 was released almost four years ago and is End Of Life and no longer supported as of the end of last year.
  6. bowers01 Genius At Work

Hi,
    Is there any way to suppress this?
    I would love to upgrade but im under the impression that none of my modules would work?
    How hard would it be to get them converted?
    Cheers
  7. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

In the init.php file, replace the first line of php code (right before the session_start()) with the code below.
    PHP:
    if (defined('E_DEPRECATED') && !defined('E_STRICT')) {

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING & ~E_DEPRECATED);
    } elseif (
    defined('E_STRICT')) {

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT);
    } else {

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_WARNING);
    }
  8. volponerosso New Member

Good Morning i have the same problem this morning with my website because the host set php 5.5...

Fortunally i have possibile to set in plesk php 5.3 and now function but my question is.. when it is no longer made it possible to 5.3 my site will stop working?

I made lots of changes to the code, and I do not speak of css but just making programming help from experts to change the functions and add a lot of things that I needed. I lose everything if I update

Many thanks