1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4.2.x Rating mod question / amendment

Discussion in 'Modules / Plugins / Modifications' started by jason1971, Jun 28, 2015.

1. jason1971 Customer

Hi all,

I am using the rating module for visitors to rate listings (not members) on my site, all works fine.

My question is When I receive a rating review once it is approved there is no way of knowing which listing it has been assigned to.

Is there any way of adding either the listing id or title in the admin_rating.tpl template, so I can see which listings have had reviews?

I have done a debug in /modules/rating/templates/admin_rating.tpl and nothing shows up to say it is available, but surely there must be some way to add it, because once approved it is then assigned to the actual listing.

Cheers for any help with this

Jason
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Just add `lid` to the query in the final "else" statement in the admin.php file. Then add an extra column to the template table.

I would be very careful allowing "visitors" to do this. The reason being that it would be very easy for competitors of listings of others to simply not login and start posting bad reviews of their competitors.
  3. jason1971 Customer

Mike as usual you're bang on ;) sorted!

I have setup my ratings so that reviews can only be posted by visitors who have registered on the website, as I had already thought what you suggested about competitors leaving bad / false reviews.

Thanks once again Mike