1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting problem with admin panel

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by calaf6, May 4, 2015.

1. calaf6 Customer

Have not done a lot recently with my site due to outside "things" but I am now trying to do a refresh and get it going again.
    I logged into the admin panel but it is being very weird in that the headers (dashboard, listings, users, settings etc) do not show until I hover over them, and I cannot edit anything as it simply does not happen. e.g. the template screen shows only the sigma aqua/blue/navy purple and default, there are however another 2 custom ones in the files that are not showing. I cannot select any of the templates to change them.
    Luckily I had the option to change to default via the front end of the site, and the admin only has the default as an option so its not that.
    I have reloaded the admin files, but that has not done anything to help. I have checked in the customer area and its still showing as linking to the correct site.

Running v4.2.4 Developer

I think I have attached an image of what I see in the admin panel, if not the link is www.stableads.com/ads/images/stableads admin.GIF in case it helps
    [IMG]
  2. freeze2 Super Moderator

I can't say for sure...but it appears that there have been some CSS changes to the admin. Try loading the default admin CSS files again and clear your cache.
  3. calaf6 Customer

Thank you, I have re-uploaded all the admin, includes and default template files, cleared templatesC, cleared my cookies and am still stuck :(
  4. freeze2 Super Moderator

That's really odd. Why don't you try a fresh install in a sub domain (www.stableads.com/68c or similar) and see if it does the same thing running all the default templates.

When you uploaded all the files, where you uploading them from your existing files on your computer, or did you grab the files from a fresh install script?
  5. calaf6 Customer

I am using the original ones that I downloaded from here in 2012!! Will try a fresh install and see what happens :)