1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving advert to return later

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by jason1971, Feb 28, 2015.

1. jason1971 Customer

Hi Guys,

I am not sure how technical this idea would be but...

When users start to create a listing how easy would it be to have a 'Save now' button on the 'checkout/step2.tpl page, which would then save the info to the database so that the advert details are not lost if the advertiser decides to exit the site and wishes to return to complete the listing at a later date.

Cheers Jason.
  2. freeze2 Super Moderator

Hey Jason, I believe this actually does happen. I just tried a test...after inputting data about the ad (step 2 or 3 ... depending if you have more than one package available), I then left the site and came back and the ad information was still there, it just needed to be completed.

Is this what you were asking?
  3. jason1971 Customer

Hi Freeze,

Yes mate this is what I was asking, although I am only using one package so I don't know whether that makes a difference.
  4. jason1971 Customer

I have just done a test on my site but it never saved the info, so I am wondering whether this is a way to save the advert once it has been started.
  5. freeze2 Super Moderator

I believe that once the category and ad info has been submitted...it will save the listing....but not before.
  6. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

The information from the listing is saved once the user clicks submit in the listing details step (step3.tpl).
  7. jason1971 Customer

ok Cheers for the info guys, much appreciated.