1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Fix: I am sorry but the token does not match

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by howinfo, May 3, 2012.

1. howinfo Customer

I am receiving following message on my contact page: I am sorry but the token does not match
    What is token and how can I get it to match?
    Has anyone had the same issue?

Thank You

Running:
    v4.2.3 Developer
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Is this the only issue that you have? The token is a script generated field to help deter spammers. It is generated when the form is created and is set in the php session and a form field and they should match. The only reason they wouldn't is if something happen with the php session.
  3. howinfo Customer

There is another issue, when I make some changes to user account information and then click ‘update’ the update is saved but I will be logged out of admin panel so I need to log back in. I don’t know if that is related to the Token issue? Other then that I have not found any other problems.
  4. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Check your php info and see if you have "register_globals" set to ON. It should not be and is a huge security risk which is why php itself sets to off by default. If it is on, check with your web hosting service to see about turning it off.
  5. howinfo Customer

Thank you. I did go to php.ini and found register_globals and it was On so I changed it to Off and I did send a test message and it work OK now.
    And that also fixed the other problem I mentioned.

I am just thinking, I did not have these issues before, so, was the register_globals - OFF before and went ON for some reason or how that could have happened?
  6. richartj Customer

I am having this same issue. register_globals is OFF as proved via phpinfo() page. Any more options?