1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SEO Friendly URL's Question?

Discussion in 'Pre Sales Questions' started by EnvoyData, Mar 3, 2008.

1. EnvoyData Customer

Hello,
    Can someone let me know the impacts adding this module will have on my existing site?

Scott Jacob
    www.laxshack.com
  2. Eric Barnes Guest

Hi,

It would change:
    category.php?cat=sticks-crosses
    to:
    categories/stick-crosses/

and
    viewlisting.php?view=58
    to:
    listing/58/2_fiddle_stx_mini_bionic_adj_lacrosse_sticks_with_balls
  3. EnvoyData Customer

Awsome Eric! Module worked perfectly!

Scott Jacob
  4. Success New Member

5. Eric Barnes Guest

I am sure it is possible. However it would require the developer edition.
  6. Success New Member

When I buy, it will only be the developer version and not the basic version.

Can you confirm it can be done?

Why not change the module to use dash instead of underscore, to avoid the problems of underscore?

Also, has the report offensive module been successfully upgraded to ver 4?

Thanks.
  7. Eric Barnes Guest

Yes I can confirm it. I just tested it locally and it just requires adding a new line. Should be very simple and I can send you instructions.

No I haven't upgraded that module yet but it uses the contactus form so it should be pretty easy. I just have to find some time. :(
  8. EnvoyData Customer

Hello Eric,
    Can you send me a copy of the "dashes" change?

Any idea why my page named anchors have stopped working? (<a name="goto"></a>) Any ideas?

Scott Jacob
  9. Eric Barnes Guest

Sure just submit a ticket with the request.

As for the other issue I am really not sure. Can you post a link or more details?
  10. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

If that's the link then it's not going to work, because it's not in proper syntax.

<a href="yoururlhere">textlinkhere</a>
  11. I was wondering if anyone might be able to help out with the rewrite to dashes instead of underscores? I heard it will improve seo. I am using the seo mod
  12. freeze2 Super Moderator

I can't help you on this one...though someone else might be able to. I just wanted to let you know, that from my experience, I can honestly say that I have noticed absolutley no difference in seo by having a permalink show as:
    • viewlisting.php?view=58 (or)
    • listing/58/2_fiddle_stx_mini_bionic_adj_lacrosse_sticks_with_balls (or)
    • listing-58-2-fiddle-stx-mini-bionic-adj-lacrosse-sticks-with-balls
    Maybe in the past it made a difference, but it sure doesn't seem to make any difference in the way Google works today. Having a good page title and description, combined with some relative content for the ad seems to make all the difference. And...make sure to ping Google everytime a new ad is placed...this can be automatically set-up through FeedBurner.

Just my humble thoughts :)
  13. freeze2 Super Moderator

Not sure I understand exactly what you are asking...looking at the page title of the link provided, it shows:

<title>Daihatsu Copen | PerformanceCentral.com.au |</title>

What were you wanting it to show?
  14. freeze2 Super Moderator

Good to hear :)
  15. haarryy20haarryy New Member

When I buy, it will only be the developer version and not the basic version.

Can you confirm it can be done?

Why not change the module to use dash instead of underscore, to avoid the problems of underscore?
    famous hill stations of INDIA
  16. freeze2 Super Moderator