1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Core file being created in public_html

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by helldamned, Aug 27, 2014.

1. helldamned New Member

Hi, Im having a problem with my site creating a core. file in my public_html folder of about 478mb every other hour until my space is full.

Ive read the core file it says the viewlisting.php file could be at fault. I have not edited this file at all. Just tpl's.
    anyone had a similar issue before?

sites - http://ozgunsales.com
  2. helldamned New Member

sorry im using version 4.2.5 Developer. Its a fairly fresh install. Only changed template files and added modules , recap - sitemap - canonical.
    did database update from old site yesterday.
    Sites just gone live today and hadn't had an issue before now.
  3. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

There is nothing in our software script files that would create a separate "core" file.
  4. helldamned New Member

Could a corrupt database cause the system to do it. Its very random the way it creates it and the file refers to viewlistings.php file
    sorry i should actually be clear its a core.* dump file
  5. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

A database does not have that capability. A database does the commands given to it through scripting. With that in mind, it would seem that something on your server is telling it to do that, but again there isn't anything in the 68 Classifieds script that does that or to create any file whatsoever with the exception being, of course when an image is uploaded and is manipulated as it must store the image file and versions of the image that it creates.

I would recommend in trying to establish what could be causing it is to do a file compare between your original 68 Classifieds file(s) and the ones on your server starting with the file in question, viewlistings.php.

You could also delete all of your script files and re-upload them (The same way that you would do an upgrade, except you don't need to run the install/upgrade script).

If that resolves the issue, then I would highly recommend changing your web hosting account login credentials. Not trying to scare you, but this sounds like you've been hacked.
  6. helldamned New Member

It was in the end caused by orphaned categories in the sql database that i transferred from old site install to the new site. The categories didnt show in the admin part but still existed on database.
    I had submitted a sitemap using the module to google . then Googlebots triggered the viewlisting.php and category.php trying to find them because of a few orphaned listings also being allocated to them, but they didnt exist to the website, which i think caused some form of loop effect.
    now they are deleted from the database no more core dump files.

Thanks for the help. Hope this might help someone else down the track and save them 3-4 days of the same headache i had.
  7. preeti New Member

Hello...
    i dont know more about this so i can say only one thing your problem can be solved by specilist
    thanks...
  8. helldamned New Member

problem already solved. Its explained in my last post