1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browsing categories help

Discussion in 'Templates, HTML, CSS, and Design Help' started by Wes, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Wes New Member

I have a sub-category within some of my categories and while most people will want to narrow down a search by viewing the sub-category, I know a lot of people would also like to just browse the whole main category.

It is a pain for the users to click each sub then go back and click another. Is there a way to click a "browse all" and see all the sub-categories ads together on one page?

I don't want to remove my sub-categories.
    Thanks!
  2. Wes New Member

I updated and slightly changed my question from what it was previously - if anyone knows the answer that would be awesome :)
  3. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

You could try just changing, "$showlistings = 'N';" to "$showlistings = 'Y';" in the categories.php file.
  4. Wes New Member

I went to default/categories/browse.tpl and the only code I saw matching $showlistings was:

{if $custom <> ''}
    {include file=$custom}
    {elseif $showlistings=="Y" && $sTemplate==1}
    {include file="showlistings.tpl"}
    {elseif $showlistings=="Y" && $sTemplate==2}
    {include file="showlistings2.tpl"}
    {/if}

and they are already set to "Y"

Am I in the wrong place?
  5. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

categories.php
  6. Wes New Member

Sorry about that!

Okay so what you said worked :) Yay
    I simply changed the "N" to "Y" and nothing else.
    However, when I look at my category is shows seven "Y" 's in text. It did not show that before.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks!

Here is the link: http://selloffroad.com/category.php?cat=parts
  7. Wes New Member

Also, changing that caused ALL the ads to show up below the browsing caterogies. Which is good, if I am on the main "Browse categories" page.

What I am looking for is if I click "Browse Categories" then I should see the categories available and below I should be able to scroll through all the ads on the website.

If I click "parts" then I should see only the ads in the sub-categories of "parts" to scroll through.

Is there a way to do that?

I hope that made sense.