1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modules.php?mod=sitemap

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by LittleRascal, Apr 29, 2010.

1. LittleRascal Customer

Developer V4.1.9

3 Col Custom

I installed the sitemap modules.php?mod=sitemap, but on my old site 3.1.1 version of 68 Claasifieds I had the sitemap also installed and it was a sitemap.php, is their a way that this module can be converted to xml or a php file, Google accepted the module but is not indexing any of my pages, does anyone have any suggestions that could help me out.
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Perhaps you're confused about how it works and the syntax. First, the url for the module of course doesn't say sitemap.php. No module url does. It is simply referring to the modules directory (e.g. the modules name). In this case the module triggers the index.php file (in the sitemap) directory, it does it's magic and it spits out XML sitemap which is just what Google and any other search engine wants for a sitemap.

As far as Google not indexing your pages, I can't really address that although i doubt it has anything to do with the use of the sitemap module. I've submitted sitemaps to Google... hmm, OK, I can't even guestimate how many times for how many sites, but the bottom line is that you can't control Google. All of them ended up getting hit by Google eventually. Some immediately, some in a couple of days and some it was over a week.

Also, you're site is offline which would mean the sitemap isn't going to work, just like the rest of your site. You can't index something that isn't online.
  3. Baqir Sardar New Member

Is there any google sitemap modules available for free.? or I will have to buy it ?
  4. bowers01 Genius At Work

Hi,
    Are there any sitemap modules still kicking around that work with the current version?
    Cheers,
    Nick
  5. freeze2 Super Moderator

Not sure if there is something that still works with the latest 68C version, but I actually use my my rss feed (external.php) as a sitemap. Google accepted this feed without any problems and because of the update frequency, it downloads it daily.
  6. bowers01 Genius At Work