1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plugin - Recently Viewed

Discussion in 'Modules / Plugins / Modifications' started by Eric Barnes, Aug 27, 2007.

1. business Customer

i have installed the plugin and all works except for one issue. I am using horizontal plugin module from template codes to show some listing on the front page. If user clicks one of these listing, it is not updated in the recently viewd plugin. any ideas?
  2. Lhotch curmudgeon

Can you describe this scenario in a little more detail and where in the template you have the plugins installed.
  3. jason1971 Customer

Hi all,

Is it possible to add the category as well as the image, title and price to the last_viewed ?

If so, how would I achieve it ?

Many thanks

Jason
  4. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Hi Jason,

This would be a little too much to explain, so I just went ahead and downloaded it and modified it to accommodate having the category (optional). Just use the plugin as before and if you want to have the category name show add the parameter in your call like this: show_cat="Y".

Have fun! :)

Attached Files:

5. jason1971 Customer

Jesus Mike that is fantastic thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much your a star, works fantastic 68C Rocks :D
  6. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Glad to hear it works for you, Jason.
  7. jason1971 Customer

Mike I have a border around my last viewed listings and a title saying "last 8 viewed holiday homes", but these appear even if no holiday homes have been viewed. Could you give me a pointer how to only show them after the first listing as been viewed EG: {If $last_viewed > 0} something like that if you wouldn't mind please.

Thank you very much

Jase
  8. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

I would try to assign the output of the plugin to a variable, like the "listings" plugin is used on the home page.
    {last_viewed number=5 cols=1 assign="recent"}
    Then check against the new assigned variable:
    {if $recent <>""}
    your other html code here
    {$recent}
    more other html code here
    {/if}
    You might want to check out the smarty website to learn more about smarty. They have a nice basics tutorial too.
  9. jason1971 Customer

Thank once again Mike :)