1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create an xml feed

Discussion in 'Customizations' started by jason1971, Feb 25, 2014.

1. jason1971 Customer

Hi all,

One of my website users has asked if we use an xml feed so they may upload several properties to my website. Just wondering whether 68C supports this and is a feature that already exists, or would it have to be designed. If designed any thoughts on cost at all I guess it would depend on what I would need just looking for a rough idea of whether it is worth doing or not

Thanks

Jason
  2. Mike-N-Tosh Owner

Jason,

This is not something built into 68 Classifieds, however it has been done for individual setups after they were setup. I personally haven't seen the code for them.

The biggest issues are the extra fields and ad listings packages which are both assigned per category. The Ad listing packages can also be further restricted by user group as well. The largest hurdle and not included in any of the importing solutions that I'm aware of are the pictures for the ad listings. Picture uploading and processing is extremely server processor and memory intensive, let alone the fact that each picture is in itself a separate file unlike a single XML text file or CSV text file that spans several listings.

It can certainly be done, but it is not an easy undertaking.
  3. jason1971 Customer

Many thanks for the swift reply Mike, I sort of guessed it would not be easy. Think I will give it a miss then, but thanks for the advice anyway.

Jason